- Announcements (Play)
- Announcements (Request)
- Career Resource Center/Career & Technical
- Center for Student Success (CSS)
- Course Selection Guide
- District Data
- Early College
- Jupiter Grades
- Lunch Info
- National Honor Society
- Online Learning
- Online Textbooks
- Parent Organization
- Pay Schools / Lunch
- Pay Schools / Non-Lunch
- Staff Webpage and Calendar
- Student Handbook
- STU/PAR Vue
- Transcript Requests
- U of M Wolverine Online Tutoring
1:1 Device Information Page (Grades 5-12)
7 days ago
During the 2017-2018 school year, Grand Blanc Community Schools will provide each student in grades 5-12 an Acer Chromebook for school and home use.
Click HERE for the Pay Schools Link for Insurance Payment via check or Credit/Debit Card.
If you are purchasing insurance for 2 or more of your children, please assign the insurance to your oldest student and then enter your other student's name(s) and ID number(s) in the comment box on the payment screen.
Click HERE to enjoy a Chromebook Care Video.
Click HERE for a video displaying Digital Citizenship
Chromebook Program Key Points
- Students will be assigned a Chromebook device at the beginning of the school year.
- The device will come in a hard protective case.
- Devices will be kept for 3-4 years or until the student graduates. It is the intention to have students retain their original Chromebook each year while enrolled in Grand Blanc Community Schools.*
- Families will be able to purchase optional insurance each year to help defray the cost in the event of accidental breakage.
- Teachers have been trained by our technology consultants (Communications by Design out of Ada, MI) in how to use the device effectively within the curriculum as one of the many tools they teach with. Please understand that our teachers and students will learn and grow in the use of the Chromebooks in the classroom as the year progresses.
*Students do not have a separate right to a device. It is the District’s intention to issue the same device barring abuse, breakage, theft, etc.
Please click below for an electronic version of the manual.
Internet Options for Low Income Families
Learning can occur “Any Time, Any Place, Any Way, Any Pace,” but to continue learning in the home, high speed reliable broadband is crucial. With more devices in the hands of students, districts have shifted away from traditional approaches to homework. According to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), seven out of ten teachers assign homework that requires high speed internet access, yet in some communities as few as one in three students have home internet connectivity. When students do not have internet access at home, the gap widens in terms of what students can do. Equitable access to the internet is essential to maximize lifetime learning and success.
Families can access www.everyoneon.org to learn what internet options are available in their communities, including mobile hotspots. The website also lists information on discounted computers for qualified families as well as local technology training opportunities. In the coming year, the FCC’s Lifeline program will begin to include internet access. Information on the updated program will be forthcoming.
Free WiFi Hotspots in the Grand Blanc Community*
*Not a comprehensive list
Big Boy Restaurant, 11432 S Saginaw St, (810) 694-6617
Biggby Coffee, 2223 E Hill Rd, (810) 771-3600
Coffee Beanery, 12745 S Saginaw Rd, (810) 694-9227
Culvers, 9090 Holly Rd, (810) 771-7755
Firehouse Subs, 11501 S Saginaw St, (810) 603-7205
McDonalds, 9293 Holly Rd, (810) 953-1495
McDonalds, 5543 Fenton Rd, (810) 234-7231
McDonalds, 12237 S Saginaw, (810) 694-7460
McDonalds, 2330 W Grand Blanc Rd, (810) 655-8169
McFarlen Library, 515 Perry Rd, (810) 694-5310
Leo’s Coney Island, 6238 S Saginaw Rd, (810) 606-0500
Panera Bread, 6224 Saginaw Rd, (810) 606-1960
Sophia’s Kitchen, 11395 Saginaw St, (810) 695-8555
Starbucks, 11355 Saginaw St, (810) 603-3402
The Coffee Beanery, 12745 S Saginaw Rd, (810) 694-9227
Tim Horton’s, 11334 S Saginaw St, (810) 603-0629
Tropical Smoothie Café, 2383 Hill Rd, (810) 953-2233